The Faculty of Pharmacy offers Undergraduate & Postgraduate Education opportunities, according to the following Programs Algorithm.
· A Five-year Doctor of Pharmacy Practice program
· A sixth year degree post-graduation:
· A Pharm D degree (Clinical, Hospital or Community Pharmacy options)
· A Professional Master (Clinical Pharmacy, Industrial, or Cosmetology)
· A Pharmaceutical Master of Business & Administration (MBA)
· A Research Master (Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmaco-Epidemiology, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Biotechnology)
· A PhD related to any of the Masters’ specialties is potentially possible, in collaboration with the Doctoral School of Sciences & technology at the Lebanese University [https://www.ul.edu.lb/faculte/branches.aspx?facultyId=23&lang=3 ]
Doctor of Pharmacy Practice (DPP) details
Undergraduate program to become a pharmacist [Program Specification Pharmacy DPP]; immediate access to work on the Lebanese Market. It includes 12 months of practice in pharmaceutical institutions, as recommended by the Lebanese Order of Pharmacists [Training Experience Specification Pharmacy DPP].
In Supplement of the pre-cited Degree: an equivalence of Master 1 in Pharmaceutical Sciences and a certificate specifying the selected option of pharmacy curriculum, listing the acquired competencies in one of the following fields (optional tracks*):
1- Community Pharmacy
2- Hospital Pharmacy
3- Pharmaceutical industry
4- Pharmaceutical Management
5- Clinical Pharmacy
6- Research (Clinical or others)
7- General Option (no specific choice)
*Change of option is possible along the way, but with validation of specific courses
**Changing the option between DPP and post-graduate studies is possible, but no further priority is given during file selection.
Post-Graduate Education Details. This additional year is optional, as a post-graduate education (only pharmacists can access these programs).
1- Community Pharmacy Pharm D [Program Specification PharmD Community]: 1 month of courses and 8 months of community practice [Training Experience Specification PharmD Community]
2- Hospital Pharmacy Pharm D [Program Specification PharmD Hospital]: 1 month of courses and 8 months of hospital pharmacy practice [Training Experience Specification PharmD Hospital]
3- Professional Master and/or Clinical Pharm D [Program Specification PharmD Clinical]: 4 months of courses and 8 months of clinical practice [Training Experience Specification PharmD Clinical]
4- Professional Master in Pharmaceutical Industry: 4 months of courses and 4-6 months of industrial practice; in co-diplomation with the Faculty of Sciences of the Lebanese University
5- Pharmaceutical Master Business Administration (MBA): 4 months of courses and 4-6 months of practice in a company
6- Professional Master in Cosmetology & Industrial Dermopharmacy : 6 months of courses and 4 months of cosmetology practice ; in co-diplomation with the Faculty of Pharmacy of Saint Joseph University
7- Research Master in Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmaco- epidemiology : 4 months of courses and 4-6 months of practice in the Laboratory of Clinical & Epidemiological Research (LCER), or other certified laboratories
8- Research Master in Pharmacology & toxicology: 4 months of courses and 4-6 months of practice in a certified laboratory
9- Research Master in Pharmaceutical biotechnology: 4 months of courses and 4-6 months of practice in a certified laboratory
* The student can present to 3 possible post-graduate programs, with specification of the order of priority. A pre-graduate option within the same field is a priority feature during selection. **All options are open to english and french speaking students.