The Doctoral School of Science and Technology, an independent university unit, is one of the three doctoral schools that were created at the Lebanese University in 2007. The School counts 240 students.
The Doctoral School aims at creating a scientific culture along with practices that focus on innovation, development and quality assurance. It seeks to enhance research competences in the advanced scientific and technical fields. The Doctoral School prepares students to receive the Lebanese Doctoral Degree in Science and Technology. It trains and prepares researchers to manage scientific research and supervise projects and theses.
It has created, to fulfill its aims, 1 center and 2 platforms for research:
- Azm Center for Research in Biotechnology & Applications;
- Platform for Research and Analysis in Environmental Science;
- Platform for Research in Nanotechnology.
In addition to 3 laboratories:
- Mathematics Laboratory;
- Civil Engineering & Modeling Laboratory;
- Fundamental & Applied Computer Science Laboratory.
The Doctoral School of Science and Technology grants the following diplomas:
The Lebanese Doctoral Degree and the Diploma of Habilitation to Supervise Research (HDR) in the following majors:
- Science and Technology
- Agricultural Sciences
- Health Sciences (Medicine, Health, Clinical Pharmacy and Odontology).