The Faculty of Medical Sciences was established under Decree No. 1118/12 in October 1983, and it plays a leading role in education, research and development in various fields of medical care in cooperation with local and external academic and health institutions.
Since its establishment, the Faculty of Medical Sciences paved the way for outstanding young men and women in Lebanon to achieve their ambitions to study medicine, and graduated the best physicians who enjoy high scientific competence, integrated training and high professional ethics.
The Neuroscience Research Center (NRC) is affiliated to the faculty and aims to enhance the educational attainment of students in neuroscience specializations, in line with the needs of the university and public and private hospitals.
Several applied and research laboratories are also affiliated to the faculty, including:
· Biology Laboratory
· Histology Laboratory
· Immunology Laboratory
· Chemistry Laboratory
· Bacteriology Laboratory
· Molecular Biology Laboratory
· Physiology Laboratory
· ENT Laboratory
· Laparoscopy Laboratory
· Gynecology Simulator Laboratory
· Cardiology Simulator Laboratory
The faculty grants the following degrees:
1. Doctor of Medicine
2. PhD in: General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Urology, Pediatric Surgery or Infantile Surgery, Thoracic and cardiovascular Surgery, Neurosurgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Ophthalmology, Anesthesia and Reanimation, Pediatrics, Pathology, Psychiatry, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Radiology, Nephrology, Rheumatology, Neurology, Hematology Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Endocrinology, Pneumology, Dermatology, Laboratory Medicine, Neonatology, Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Emergency Medicine, Geriatrics, Intensive Care Medicine.
3. University Diploma in: Loco Regional Echo Guided Anesthesia, Medical Research, Clinical Research, Laparoscopic Surgery, Body Damage Reparation, Ethics, Basics of Clinical Management of Weapon-Wounded Patients, Hypertension and Cardiovascular Risks, Arthroscopic Surgery, Obstetric & Gynecological Echography.
The Neuroscience Research Center grants the following degrees:
1. Research Master in Neuroscience
2. Research Master in Neuropsychology
3. Research Master in Neuroimaging
Professor Mounir Abou Assali: 1984 – 1994
Professor Ramez Awwad: 1994 – 1996
Professor Robert Chahine: 1996 – 1999
Professor Philippe Chedid: 1999 – 2008
Professor Botrous Yared: 2008 – 2020
Professor Youssef Farés: 2020 – 2022
Professor Mohamad Moussa: 2022 – Present
Updated on 18 May 2022