The Faculty of Medical Sciences was established under Decree No. 1118/12 in October 1983, and it plays a leading role in education, research and development in various fields of medical care in cooperation with local and external academic and health institutions.
Since its establishment, the Faculty of Medical Sciences paved the way for outstanding young men and women in Lebanon to achieve their ambitions to study medicine, and graduated the best physicians who enjoy high scientific competence, integrated training and high professional ethics.
The Faculty of Medical Sciences seeks to obtain full and comprehensive international accreditation at the level of patient care, medical education and research. It also works to maintain the confidence of the Lebanese public through the quality of its clinical, educational and research programs and encouraging innovation to serve all of these national and international health care needs and the principles of social justice.
The Neuroscience Research Center (NRC) is affiliated to the faculty and aims to enhance the educational attainment of students in neuroscience specializations, in line with the needs of the university and public and private hospitals.
Several applied and research laboratories are also affiliated to the faculty, including: Biology Laboratory, Histology Laboratory, Immunology Laboratory, Chemistry Laboratory, Bacteriology Laboratory, Molecular Biology Laboratory, Physiology Laboratory, ENT Laboratory, Laparoscopy Laboratory, Gynecology Simulator Laboratory, Cardiology Simulator Laboratory
The faculty grants the following degrees:
1. Doctor of Medicine
2. PhD in: General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Urology, Pediatric Surgery or Infantile Surgery, Thoracic and cardiovascular Surgery, Neurosurgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Ophthalmology, Anesthesia and Reanimation, Pediatrics, Pathology, Psychiatry, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Radiology, Nephrology, Rheumatology, Neurology, Hematology Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Endocrinology, Pneumology, Dermatology, Laboratory Medicine, Neonatology, Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Emergency Medicine, Geriatrics, Intensive Care Medicine.
3. University Diploma in: Loco Regional Echo Guided Anesthesia, Medical Research, Clinical Research, Laparoscopic Surgery, Body Damage Reparation, Ethics, Basics of Clinical Management of Weapon-Wounded Patients, Hypertension and Cardiovascular Risks, Arthroscopic Surgery, Obstetric & Gynecological Echography.
The Neuroscience Research Center grants the following degrees:
1. Research Master in Neuroscience
2. Research Master in Neuropsychology
3. Research Master in Neuroimaging
Professor Mounir Abou Assali: 1984 – 1994
Professor Ramez Awwad: 1994 – 1996
Professor Robert Chahine: 1996 – 1999
Professor Philippe Chedid: 1999 – 2008
Professor Botrous Yared: 2008 – 2020
Professor Youssef Farés: 2020 – 2022
Professor Mohamad Moussa: 2022 – Present
1. LU-FMS Undergraduate Program
a) 1st Medical Educational Year Syllabus (English) – Preparatory Year
b) 1st Medical Educational Year Syllabus (French) – Preparatory Year
c) LU-FMS Curriculum 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th years
d) LU-FMS Preclinical Training 5th year
e) LU-FMS Clinical Training 6th, 7th years
f) Medical Curriculum Map + Medical Curriculum Map Scale
g) LU-FMS Application and Admission - Undergraduate Program
h) Student Admission Committees - Undergraduate Program
i) LU-FMS Rules & Regulations
j) LU-FMS STUDY GUIDE - final 2014-2015
2. LU Disciplinary Regulations
3. LU-FMS Graduate Program
a) LU-FMS Residency Program
b) Cardiothoracic Surgery
c) LU-FMS Admission Policy - Graduate Program
d) LU-FMS Chief of Department & Division 2023
4. LU-FMS Master Programs (Attachment: 07)
a) Admission Policy - Master’s programs
b) MRC Masters Programs
5. LU-FMS Student Groups
a) Eco Club FM Mission
b) Lebanese University Task Force - Decree No. 2306 dated 03/11/2021
c) Lebanese University Task Force - Vaccination Campaign 2021