Health is the most precious asset a person has and the one they seek to protect the most. It is a personal matter as well as a public one. That is why it was necessary to create The Faculty of Public Health which was established in 1981 at the Lebanese University. It currently has around 3,004 students enrolled in six branches all over Lebanon.
The Faculty of Public Health aims at educating specialists in health, social and environmental fields, as well as cooperating and coordinating with public and private institutions, alongside civil organizations in the health, social and preventive domains. It is also keen on providing theoretical and applied education, while ensuring that moral standards and professional ethics are well-adopted. It has created lately, in collaboration with the Faculty of Medical Sciences, the University Medical Center to be at the service of the Lebanese community.
The Faculty of Public Health grants the following degrees:
- The Bachelor Degree in: Nursing Sciences - Laboratory Sciences - Health and Environment - Nutrition and Dietetics - Radiologic Sciences;
- The Specialized Bachelor Degree in: Medical and Social Work - Speech Therapy - Physical Therapy – Midwifery – Psychomotricity - Optics and Optometry – Ergotherapy;
- The Professional Master Degree in: Public Health (Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Health Education and Promotion) - Physical Therapy (Physical Therapy, Osteopathic Manual Therapy) - Psycho-physical Follow-up - Social Work – Microbiology - Quality and Food Safety - Chemical and Microbiological Analysis of Water and Food - Nutrition and Dietetics (Formulation and Innovation of Nutraceutical Products, Clinical and Public Health Nutrition, Human Nutrition) - Medical Life Sciences - Clinical Life Sciences - Hospital Risk Management – Gerontoloy;
- The Research Master in: Epidemiology and Life Sciences Statistics - Health and Environment - Medical Microbiology - Food Microbiology - Handicap, Motor System and Rehabilitation - Applied Biotechnology.
- Doctor in Physical Therapy.